Thursday, April 1, 2010

Help Lord, I'm Getting Ready to Start Homeschooling My High Schooler

I received Help Lord, I'm getting ready to Start Homeschooling My High Schooler from The Old SchoolHouse Store to review.  I have a 7th grader who will be doing 9th grade math and science next year so this book came at the perfect time.

The TOS offers a variety of home school books and e-books at affordable prices. This book is only $12.45, and it is an e-book.  Yay!!!

This e-book is a collaboration of moms' experiences, trials, and tribulations home schooling high schoolers.  And WOW!!! It was all very encouraging to read.  The obstacles these families had to go through, and their children are still very successful, despite being homeschooled (ha ha).

I could write a paragraph about each moms' experience. There are several things  I read that I want to include in our homeschool. One story by Donna moved me so much that I was in tears. I guess Mary's story probably helped me the most because I could relate to her son taking FOREVER to do his work even though he was really smart. I have a daughter like this.

After reading this e-book I definitely feel like I am capable of homeschooling my children through high school. Just like Deborah Wuehler stated at the end of the book, "You don't have to be a supermom to homeschool through high school."

No comments:

Post a Comment