S - Matthew 2:12; Matthew 2:13; Matthew 2:20 & 22
- "And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route"
- When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. "Get up," he said, "take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt....."
- Get up, take the child and his mother and go to the land of Israel.....Having been warned in a dream, he withdrew to the district of Galilee.
O - Once again complete obedience. Of course we don't know what they were thinking, but they still did as they were told. Just imagine the relationship they must have had with God.
A - Okay, two days in a row.....the same message. Maybe the Lord is trying to tell me something. These people did as Jesus told them, without murmuring, complaining, or questioning him. At least outloud. I would have done all three, and I would have definitely questioned him on my return. I would have wanted to make sure it was safe before I returned. I want that kind of relationship with the Lord. When he tells me something, first, I want to hear it; and second I want to act without murmuring, complaining, or questioning Him.
P - Lord, please help me to draw closer to you and hear your voice. Help me to “Do all things without murmurings and disputing” (Philippians 2:14). And help to give thanks in everything: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you” (1 Thessalonians 5:18).
Just a few other verses that stuck out:
- Matthew 3:8-9 "Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not think you can say to yourselves, ' We have Abraham as our father......"
- Matthew 3:17 "And a voice from heaven said, " This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."