I am reading the Power of a Positive Mom with Jenn from Daze of Adventure at The Homeschool Village. If you want to follow click on the book.
The first week, we are reading the introduction - Chapter 2. There are questions and Power Points to along with each chapter.
I am reading this book, because I feel like I can be negative and hard sometimes with girls. I can definitely use some improvement. I hope when I am done reading that my girls can see a difference in me.....that I can see a difference in me.
So here is what we went over this week:
- The influence of a mother; the worth of a mother = $507,000......priceless
- Being a mother broadens our worldviews and opens our hearts to a deeper compassion and love for others. It constantly exposes us to new challenges and stretches us to learn new skills.
- The day to day "job" of being a mother may not be glamorous, but we are achieving an important end goal: raising the next generation.
- We are essential in our children's lives. Our job has more than monetary value; it has eternal worth!
- Create a job description for ourselves and a Statement of Belief and Purpose. I have not created my job description yet. It's not as easy as it seems.
My Personal Statement of Belief and Purpose
I believe I was created by God for a purpose. I believe my purpose is to worship and love the Lord. I believe God has created me with unique gifts, talents, and abilities that he can use to bless and enrich my family and the people around me. My strengths include: My love for the Lord, my love for learning.........
I recognize that I also have certain weaknesses, yet I know that when I am weak, God is strong. I trust him to do a great work in my family. My hope for my family is: to put the Lord first, to have a happy life, to love each other and be kind to everyone, and to love to learn.
Okay the statement is a work in progress, but hopefully the more I read the better my statement will get.