Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Power of a Positive Mom - Ch. 1-2

I am reading the Power of a Positive Mom with Jenn from Daze of Adventure at The Homeschool Village.  If you want to follow click on the book.
The first week, we are reading the introduction - Chapter 2.  There are questions and Power Points to along with each chapter.
I am reading this book, because I feel like I can be negative and hard sometimes with girls.  I can definitely use some improvement.  I hope when I am done reading that my girls can see a difference in me.....that I can see a difference in me.

So here is what we went over this week:




  • The influence of a mother; the worth of a mother = $507,000......priceless
  • Being a mother broadens our worldviews and opens our hearts to a deeper compassion and love for others.  It constantly exposes us to new challenges and stretches us to learn new skills.
  • The day to day "job" of being a mother may not be glamorous, but we are achieving an important end goal:  raising the next generation.
  • We are essential in our children's lives.  Our job has more than monetary value; it has eternal worth!
  • Create a job description for ourselves and a Statement of Belief and Purpose.  I have not created my job description yet.  It's not as easy as it seems.
 
My Personal Statement of Belief and Purpose
I believe I was created by God for a purpose.  I believe my purpose is to worship and love the Lord.  I believe God has created me with unique gifts, talents, and abilities that he can use to bless and enrich my family and the people around me.  My strengths include:  My love for the Lord, my love for learning.........

I recognize that I also have certain weaknesses, yet I know that when I am weak, God is strong.  I trust him to do a great work in my family.  My hope for my family is:  to put the Lord first, to have a happy life, to love each other and be kind to everyone, and to love to learn.

Okay the statement is a work in progress, but hopefully the more I read the better my statement will get.

3 comments:

  1. this is FANTASTIC! I am so glad you're joining us! Thank you!

    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! I'm participating in this book reading and SOAP, as well. So glad to find your blog on HHH. Following you on Twitter, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good book! I might have to check it out.

    Jeanine
    http://dressmytruth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete