Thursday, February 10, 2011

B90Days Week 3

I got behind last weekend, and it has been hard to catch up.  But I am not giving up; I will eventually get caught up.  I have really enjoyed reading.  I have never read the entire bible, so this has been a great experience.  I can even tell a difference in my everyday life; my thinking is different.  It has opened a better understanding to a lot of things, but it has also adding in some confusion.  Does that make since?

One verse that stuck out to me was:
Numbers 11:1   “And when the people complained, it displeased the Lord; and the Lord heard it; and his anger was kindled; and the fire of the Lord burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp.”


Wow, the Lord burned some of the people who were complaining.  I wonder how the Lord feels when I complain?  I never realized how angry the Lord got at the children of Israel. He wasn’t messing around. He meant what he said and he meant for it to be done his way the first time.  Makes me wonder what he thinks when he has to tell me several times to do or not to do something.

It seems like God was so different in the Old Testament than the God I know.  He allowed, and told them to kill the people in the cities; even the women and children.  He was quick to anger (sometimes) and had harsh judgments on his people.  He didn’t seem very forgiving.  But, I am also amazed at how the children of Israel continued to complain and lose faith after all they had saw and been through.

So far, I have really enjoyed reading the bible.  I am kind of surprised at how much I do like it. Not as boring as I thought it would be.
I am almost caught up; only a day behind now.

No comments:

Post a Comment